The best way to get to Batu Caves is probably no longer getting a train from KL Sentral Station, but the KTM Kuala Lumpur Station. The KTM Kuala Lumpur Station is connected to the Kelana Jaya line Pasar Seni LRT station since November 2019.
Getting a KTM train from KTM Kuala Lumpur Station to Batu Caves is the best choice if:
- you want to visit the Kuala Lumpur Railway Station, one of the top tourist attractions in KL. The station is notable for its architecture, adopting a mixture of Eastern and Western designs.
- your hotel/accommodation is close to Kuala Lumpur Railway Station. Kuala Lumpur Station is closer to Batu Caves than KL Sentral, thus there is no reason to board the train in KL Sentral.
- you want to avoid the busy crowd in KL Sentral Station.
How to get to Batu Caves by KTM Train?
- Get to Pasar Seni LRT station
- Walk to KTM Kuala Lumpur station
- Buy a KTM Train Token to Batu Caves
- Proceed to Platform 3 (towards Batu Caves direction)
- Board the KTM train to Batu Caves (30 minutes)
- Batu Caves station is the seventh (7th) station from Kuala Lumpur station
- Arriving at Batu Caves station
Step 1 : Get to Pasar Seni LRT Station
The Pasar Seni LRT station is an LRT station in Kuala Lumpur that is served by Kelana Jaya Line LRT. It is named after the nearby Central Market and is located near Petaling Street and the area known as the Chinatown of Kuala Lumpur.
Step 2 : Walk to KTM Kuala Lumpur Station
The KTM Kuala Lumpur Station is connected to the Pasar Seni LRT Station via a bridge.
Walk to the KTM Kuala Lumpur station via Exit E. It will take 5 – 7 minutes to cross the 102m-long pedestrian bridge and reach KTM Kuala Lumpur station.
Step 3 : Buy a KTM Train Token to Batu Caves
The KTM train fees from Kuala Lumpur Station to Batu Caves is RM2.20 (one-way travel). You can purchase the train token from the ticket machines or from the ticket counter. You can also use a Touch n Go card to enter the gates.
The journey from KTM Kuala Lumpur Station to Batu Caves via KTM train takes approximately 30 minutes.
Here is the KTM train schedule from Kuala Lumpur Station to Batu Caves (updated 16 November 2019):
|Kuala Lumpur |
|Batu Caves |
Step 4 : Proceed to Platform 3 (towards Batu Caves direction)
After entering the gate, walk to Platform 3 which is located downstairs.
Step 5 : Board the KTM train to Batu Caves (30 minutes)
Hop on the train to Batu Caves. There is a digital signboard on the train which indicates the final destination. Make sure you board the train that travels in the right direction, which is “Batu Caves”.
For male passengers, make sure that you board the normal train coaches and not the coaches for ladies only to avoid any embarrassing situation.
Step 6 : Batu Caves station is the seventh (7th) station from Kuala Lumpur station
Inside the carriages, the light board will indicate the direction and the station.
Enjoy the window view from your seat. You will see the change from Kuala Lumpur city center (which is dominated by high-rise buildings) to suburbs scenery further away from the city (with more trees and nature).
The legroom on the train is very spacious too.
Step 7 : Arriving at Batu Caves station
The final station is Batu Caves. It will take approximately 30 minutes train ride to Batu Caves station from Kuala Lumpur station by KTM train.
Exit the KTM gates inserting your token or scanning your Touch n Go card.
Go down the stairs and follow the signboard towards Batu Caves. The KTM station is just next to the caves.